VACANT POSITION: Finance Manager – News
Oldham Athletic is looking for an experienced, proactive and detail-oriented Finance Director.
Job title: Finance Manager
Site: Borders Park, Oldham
Reports to: Chief executive officer
Internal link: All departments
External link: Suppliers, Creditors, Debtors
Business hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Annual vacation: 20 days of vacation.
Salary: Competitive salary according to experience.
In this role, the successful candidate will lead the day-to-day financial function of the club, lead financial reporting, develop and implement best practices throughout the club, and work with the board of directors to establish, manage and review seasonal budgets.
Main role and responsibilities
- Management of the club’s financial department.
- Manage monthly management reporting.
- Provide insightful reporting to ensure understanding of results and effective decision making.
- Manage the annual budget and forecast throughout the year.
- Fully complete and manage the SCMP and Academy reports, the resulting EFL deadlines are met.
- Manage monthly payroll processing and RTI submission as well as relevant pension submissions.
- Produce all statutory reports for the club.
- Maintain and improve the overall control environment by ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operational and financial management.
- Help manage change to improve control of existing systems and general procedures within the finance team.
- Produce regular, short-term and long-term cash forecasts.
- Support or lead ad hoc projects within the club.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to complete financial projection reports.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Innovating with ideas and seeing opportunities.
Skills and experience required
- Qualified accountant
- Detailed reporting experience in a multi-revenue environment.
- Focus on controlling multiple teams, with different spending budgets.
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Experienced in line management of a small team.
- Work experience in a sports industry is preferred.
To ensure compliance with company backup policy, a DBS will be a requirement for this role.
How to register
To apply, please provide your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for the position, your previous experience and your salary expectations to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting applications is Monday, September 20, 2021 at 5 p.m.
As the position is available for immediate start, the club can conduct interviews before the closing date. All interviews will take place at the first available opportunity.