Sou’West Brewery hires CFO
Sou’West is based in the beautiful town of Torquay, with the Surf Coast brewpub welcoming people inside with cold beer with an impressive menu.
If you want to join the beach brewers, they hire a financial manager
Job Description: Finance Manager
Sou’West has established itself as an essential destination along the Surf Coast. Located in the sprawling former headquarters of surf brand Quiksilver, the Sou’West brasserie can accommodate over 400 customers in the sprawling 1,495 square meter space.
Since opening in April 2021, the brewery has captured the attention of food and drink lovers across Victoria, who have flocked to the site to enjoy an impressive selection of craft beers (all brewed on site) and five-course meals. stars (prepared in the Sou’ West Kitchen run by 2022 Bocus D’or Australia winner Alex McIntosh).
This year, the company will expand with the opening of the Sou’West café (opening scheduled for May 22). The company is also looking for its next expansion opportunities, with the next 12 months shaping up to be a very exciting time to join the team!
Summary of work
Reporting directly to the General Manager of the company, you will be solely responsible for all aspects of financial management. This includes cost accounting, financial accounting, management reporting and analysis, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and financial internal control policies, procedures and monitoring.
The CFO must be able to handle day-to-day operations while seeing the big picture and being heavily involved in the strategic direction of the finance function and the wider business.
- Oversee all reporting requirements for the business (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, ad hoc)
- Full responsibility for company trial balance, P&L and balance sheets – report and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Organize weekly team meetings to ensure cohesion between each of the business units
- Manage the company’s cash flow
- Manage all trade reporting requirements through the ATO portal – Excise, BAS, etc.
- Manage payroll function (payroll processing/reporting requirements/payroll tax/superannuation)
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function
- Oversee inventory accounting and beer brewing demand planning
- Business insurance – general contractor, civil liability, workers’ compensation
- Maintenance of fixed assets register
- Tax return preparation – working with external accountants to ensure a smooth and timely year-end process
- Work with external accountants to facilitate the year-end audit
- Month-end review, processing and closing
- Budgeting, forecasting and assistance in the overall strategic direction of the company.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar position, ideally within a brewing company or FMCG
- Qualified CA or CPA with a solid background in commercial accounting
- Ability to independently manage the financial operations of a dynamic and growing organization
- Knowledge of relevant industry tax requirements, desirable rebates and subsidies
- High level presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Xero or similar accounting system would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the following software packages would also be an asset: Unleashed Inventory Management, Tanda Rostering System, Lightyear Automated Accounts Payable, Impos POS
- Very adaptable and brings a huge amount of energy to the company
If this sounds like your kind of role, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]