Regional Finance Manager | ReliefWeb
Contract: 2-year fixed-term contract (renewable) Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Purpose of the position of Regional Finance Director, West Africa
Sightsavers is actively recruiting a Regional Finance Manager to cover the West Africa region. The incumbent will work closely with Country Offices, Regional Directors and other teams to ensure ongoing financial management and control functions well. They will help the country teams to solve the problems and weaknesses identified and to find solutions. The position is essential for working with Country Directors and other Regional Office staff in implementing and rolling out new initiatives to strengthen and streamline financial and program management across the continent.
The incumbent will support multiple countries, cost centers and programs in their region, subject to periodic reviews and adjustments. Positions require flexibility to temporarily support additional countries and cost centers as needed.
- Provide technical and operational support to country directors, program and finance and operations staff, and country-level finance and support services teams.
- Assist the Head of Finance and Operations – Africa in developing and implementing strategies and plans to improve financial management and controls across Africa
- Support financial planning and forecasting across Africa, working closely with Country Offices to ensure realistic and accurate financial plans and forecasts are in place.
- Collaborate with global teams and work with country teams to ensure key tools and processes are working effectively, including program design and launch, PRO reporting, partnership tools and GDP processes.
- Undertake internal reviews of country offices, programs and partners and build capacity, in line with the agreed internal audit and review programme.
- Periodic coordination of regional finance officers for Africa, ensuring that continent-wide activities such as planning and forecasting, external audits, etc. are well managed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of Regional Finance Manager, West Africa
- Relevant financial/business qualification (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, MBA) or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience with a proven track record in financial management roles, preferably with some experience working in the international development sector
- Experience managing and influencing teams in a large and diverse geographic area
- Strong operational management background with track record of successful implementation
- Change management
- Strong financial management
- Excellent audit experience
- Experience managing high-level stakeholders and relationship building skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of French
- Previous experience in a similar regional role within an INGO
The Regional Finance Manager, West Africa is a very varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of required job duties or skills. Please see the job description for more details.
Closing Date: May 27, 2022
How to register
We intend to conduct interviews starting the week of June 6th. The interview process will consist of a written assignment followed by a two-step interview process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a confident leader in disability. Therefore, qualified individuals living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
All applications must be in English. Please detail all your relevant professional experience in the application form.