JOB OF THE WEEK: Finance Manager at Shell
Shell plc is looking to recruit a chief financial officer
Closes : March, 31st
Apply for the position of financial controller here
Where are you going to fit in?
The Finance, Treasury and M&A (FTM) team is central to the execution of Shell’s strategy through the realization of its portfolio of assets and its aim to become a world-class investment opportunity that propels the progress in delivering more and cleaner energy solutions in Shell’s Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, Renewable Energy Solutions and Trading businesses.
FTM provides financial intelligence and M&A execution capability for RDS acquisitions, divestitures, business combinations, joint ventures and restructurings. The FTM team supports these types of complex transactions with a focus on the EMEA region, as well as some global opportunities. The M&A Finance Manager is part of the FTM EMEA team and reports to a Senior Manager.
What is the role ?
The M&A CFO is accountable to a Business Opportunity Manager for delivering the full range of deal-related finance activities, including structuring deals to maximize value/minimize risk, due diligence , financial framework and process compliance, corporate approvals, financing negotiation. aspects of the transaction, risk assessment and mitigation, accounting and reporting, tax, treasury, investor relations; Execution and Value Capture/Transfer Note to Transition and Onboarding Finance Managers.
More specifically, we will entrust you with:
- Act as financial transactions manager for major transactions (which may include acquisitions and divestitures, asset swaps, joint venture creation or restructuring, and commercial agreements for organic projects).
- Participate in value assurance reviews / post-investment reviews as part of the overall assurance framework.
- Work closely with valuation managers, also at FTM, who are responsible for valuation information. The M&A CFO retains responsibility for providing independent insight and support to the finance signatory in an opportunity.
- As a member of the wider Global FTM team, contribute to knowledge sharing within FTM, either in a formal role as part of an FTM Knowledge Sharing Network or more generally by sharing expertise and best practices.
- Coordinate all parts of the finance organization to bring all relevant knowledge, expertise and feedback to transactions.
- Interface with a wide range of internal (commercial, legal, etc.) and external (counterparties, banks, transaction service providers, etc.) stakeholders.
- Act as a single point of entry for third party financial advisory/transaction service providers on a given project.
What will we need from you?
- We are keen to speak with finance professionals who have extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and/or trade finance.
- Additionally, we hope to find the following in your resume:
- Strong exposure to finance and M&A, due to the materiality and complexity of the transactions the successful candidate would be working on
- MBA or equivalent degree and/or qualification in a relevant professional field (e.g. CPA, ACA, CIMA, ACT, CFA)
- Strong valuation expertise, understanding of financial models and ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data/input
- Relevant experience in one or more of Shell’s core business areas, i.e. upstream, downstream, integrated gas and/or renewables
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, strong business acumen and the ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment and manage ambiguity
- Ability to establish credibility at the relevant level with management of internal and external project teams
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or coaching staff, actively supporting their professional and leadership development; an autonomous and efficient team spirit
- Practical mind, action bias and drive for exceptional results in creating and protecting value for Shell
- Very curious and with a broad understanding of Shell’s external stakeholders and energy transition challenges at all levels
Shell Finance is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements where possible, and subject to applicable policies, regulations and legislative frameworks. If applicable, please clearly indicate in your application what type of flexible working arrangements you would like to be considered for.
Shell started operations in the UK over 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative oil and energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will allow you to thrive in a work environment that offers a cutting-edge development program. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping to meet the UK’s growing energy demand, while using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the UK’s largest FTSE 100 company by market capitalization and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as handling 35% of the gas entering the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our service stations every week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled people as well as numerous contractors.
An innovative workplace
There has never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here contributes to solving one of the greatest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, while controlling the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a company with the ambition to shape the future – whether that’s investing in renewable energy, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive workplace
To propel progress together, we must attract and develop the brightest minds and ensure that every voice is heard. Here are some of the ways we foster an inclusive environment – an environment where you can express your ideas, expand your skills and reach your potential.
We create a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace accommodations and ongoing support in their roles. Please let us know your situation when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We are closing the gender gap, whether through actions in favor of equal pay or by enabling more women to take up leadership positions in engineering and technology.
We strive to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
We see ourselves as a flexible employer and want to help you find the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding workplace
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We are huge advocates of career development. We encourage you to try out new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew existed or make career changes they never thought possible.
Apply for the position of financial controller here