Finance Manager, Business Transformation job with LA TROBE UNIVERSITY
- Continuous, full time
- Campus Bundoora
- HEO9 – TRP $137,322 – $145,480 per year including 17% superannuation
About the position
Reporting to the Associate Director, Transformation and Commercial, the position within the Finance Business Transformation team has the following key responsibilities:
- Manage the University’s internal activity-based costing model and any associated process improvements/efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate course cost-effectiveness results and work with schools to understand their cost drivers.
- Support the University in evidence-based decision making.
- Facilitate external reporting requirements on the cost of higher education.
- Develop course-related business cases to aid in informed decision-making.
- Help with financial models relating to the University City of the Future program; and
- Drive a culture of financial performance and improvement across the university by ensuring adherence to proven financial management methodologies, framework and tools.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position, you will need to;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or other equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Proven track record in developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of activity costing and financial modeling principles.
- Proven track record and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a complex and political environment and to balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to connect disparate data and engage different stakeholders across the university to collaborate towards a common goal for an improved outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to generate interest in ideas that improve knowledge sharing and decision-making and follow the idea from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply expertise in developing and pursuing ambitious goals and directing resources to achieve positive results, particularly in a changing environment.
Please refer to the job description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The success of La Trobe University is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly driven, pursuing new ideas and creating knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s leading research institutions and the largest provider of higher education in the Victoria region. Our teaching and research address some of the most important issues of our time and we are passionate about driving change through operational excellence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora Campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% of the employer contributed to the retirement pension
- Daycare on site
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to register
Closing Date: Around 11:55 p.m. Sunday 31st July 2022.
Job requests: Pey Lin Mak, [email protected]
Recruitment requests: [email protected]
Only candidates with Full working rights in Australia can apply for this position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements
That of the University Health and safety procedure – COVID-19 vaccination and other measures, requires personnel hired to perform on-site work at La Trobe University to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless exempt from vaccination due to a recognized medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work on-site. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, and providing satisfactory proof of their vaccination or exempt status. at University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable point in the essential criteria found in the job description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working at our inspiring and stunning campuses – the ideal hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners, and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian employee working with children check prior to commencement..