Chief Financial Officer (Mining Company) – BusinessGhana
A reputable mining company operating in many countries is seeking a Project Finance Manager for its new project in the enclave of Bolgatanga, Northern Ghana.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Financial Officer provides strong leadership and direction to his
team to safely execute all operational and financial business plans during the project execution phase.
This position will be site based, however during the project phase it is expected that significant time
can be spent in Accra and Bolgatanga office.
The key safety performance indicators are: Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) is below
2.5; The Lost Time Accident Frequency Rate (LTIFR) is less than 0.5; Work-related fatalities are nil.
Manage the finance department by leading the effective management of the organization’s assets and liabilities, contribute to the profitability and sustainability of the organization, maintain and improve organizational development and growth, manage and evaluate financial performance, developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders, ensuring legal and corporate governance.
- Provide leadership to the finance team to ensure the development of a working environment conducive to the achievement of the department’s budgeted KPIs and for employees to reach their full potential by learning new skills through development programs effective mentoring and training.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operational records, information and advice to optimize cost and revenue management.
- Lead the annual development of the operating and capital budget, including manpower, to ensure compliance with established company parameters and timelines and provide line management with monthly reports on their performance respective costs (actual vs. budget) throughout the calendar year.
- Manage payroll function for labor to ensure accurate and timely payrolls.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures to ensure that costs for all departments are minimized and all adverse variances are reported, tracked and corrected.
- Continuously review all aspects of all departments to ensure opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Develop, install and audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and requirements relating to accounting records and standards, taxation, asset protection and internal controls.