BMG – Finance Manager – Digital (Recordings Hub) (UK)
We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer to join our International Finance (Records) team here in our London office!
Your mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for the pre-processing of income and cost statements covering BMG’s Worldwide Hub Recordings distribution and licensing activity, as well as the processing of royalties and cash consideration.
BMG has entered into a worldwide distribution deal operated from the UK-based Recordings Hub. The volume of information flowing through the hub has increased significantly with a number of other centralized functions now also operating from the UK.
As the recordings business grows, it increasingly needs business support from its key Hub Recordings department to ensure that business decisions are supported and controlled. appropriately, with an appropriate flow of information delivered in a timely manner across the business.
- Preparation of declarations before ingestion for the main sources of income.
- Review and update master data to enable accurate revenue reporting.
- Creation and distribution of inter-company matrices for the main sources of income.
- Prepare and perform detailed journal entries for hub matrices in SAP.
- Reconciliation of receipts with fees related to hub matrices.
- Respond to royalty and reporting inquiries from the local recording team and other international affiliates
- Work to streamline existing royalty processes.
- Ad hoc support to the VP – International Finance Recordings and Director Royalties Accounting – Masters Royalties.
- Previous work experience in the music industry
- Experience in financial reporting and spreadsheet modeling.
- Familiar with a variety of complex royalty reporting formats.
- Ability to work with people in all areas of the business.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to process large volumes of data
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
It’s a plus if you also have experience working in recorded music, SAP and Tableau Desktop experience, and knowledge of database structures and manipulation.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year
- Subsidized gym membership
- Private health insurance
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual concert allowance
- Showcases of artists
- Cycle-work program
- Subscription loan
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Headspace Subscription
- Give as you earn
- flexible work
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (currently virtual!)
- Flexible work opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the fourth largest music publisher in the world and the first new global player in the recording industry in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a consistent focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices in 12 major music markets now represent over 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters drawn to its new approach that now includes music production , films and books as well as publishing and music recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.
At BMG, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
We want all candidates to realize their full potential throughout the recruitment process. JTo ensure that you are able to reach your full potential, we are readily able to offer you reasonable accommodations. If you need assistance with your application or would like reasonable adjustments during the recruitment processes, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and end times or compressed hours. We can’t always meet all requests, but we promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately, so we are proud to be a London Living Wage Accredited Employer.